Hi, I am Tak-Lon Wu and also named as Stephen. Currently, I am studying Computer Science Ph.D. Program at School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University Bloomington, I am expected to graduate at May 2016. Meanwhile, I am working as a Graduate Research Assistant of SalsaHPC Team, Community Grids Lab at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Major in Distributed System, minor in Database/Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Data Intensive Computing
Programming Languages and skills
- Key skills: Hadoop MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Opscode Chef, Ganglia, Amazon EC2/SQS/S3
- Distributed System: Grids, Clouds, Microsoft Windows Azure Platform
- Pervasive Computing: Phidget with C#, Adruino with C++
- Database: SQL, Apache HBase, Apache Cassandra
- Proficient with using Java, C/C++, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, C#, Scheme
Publication and Technical Article
- Tak-Lon Wu, Abhilash Koppula, and Judy Qiu. 2014. Integrating Pig with Harp to support iterative applications with fast cache and customized communication. In Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Data-Intensive Computing in the Clouds (DataCloud '14). IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 33-39. DOI=10.1109/DataCloud.2014.8 http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/DataCloud.2014.8
- Tak-Lon (Stephen) Wu, salsaDPI: a dynamic provisioning interface for IaaS cloud Technical Report June 25 2013
- Tak-Lon (Stephen) Wu, MapReduce and Data Intensive Applications Technical Report June 25 2013
- Tak-Lon (Stephen) Wu, An Overview of Present NoSQL Solutions and Features Technical Report June 25 2013
- Thilina Gunarathne, Bingjing Zhang, Tak-Lon Wu, Judy Qiu, Scalable Parallel Computing on Clouds Using Twister4Azure Iterative MapReduce in Future Generation Computer Systems published June 19 2012
- Thilina Gunarathne, Bingjing Zhang, Tak-Lon Wu, Judy Qiu, Portable Parallel Programming on Cloud and HPC: Scientific Applications of Twister4Azure, to appear in Proceedings of Fourth IEEE International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011), Melbourne, Australia, December 5-8, 2011
- Thilina Gunarathne, Tak-Lon Wu, Jong Youl Choi, Seung-Hee Bae, Judy Qiu, Cloud Computing Paradigms for Pleasingly Parallel Biomedical Applications, accepted to the Journal of Concurrency & Computation: Practice & Experience. Special Issues on Emerging Computational Methods for the Life Sciences, DOI: 10.1002/cpe.1780, April 2011.
- Thilina Gunarathne, Tak-Lon Wu, Judy Qiu, Geoffrey Fox, MapReduce in the Clouds for Science. Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE international Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, Indianapolis, Indiana, Nov. 30-Dec 3, 2010.
- Bingjing Zhang, Yang Ruan, Tak-Lon Wu, Judy Qiu, Adam Hughes, Geoffrey Fox, Applying Twister to Scientiﬁc Applications. Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE international Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, Indianapolis, Indiana, Nov. 30-Dec 3, 2010.
- Judy Qiu, Thilina Gunarathne, Jaliya Ekanayake, Jong Youl Choi, Seung-Hee Bae, Hui Li, Bingjing Zhang, Yang Ryan, Saliya Ekanayake, Tak-Lon Wu, Scott Beason, Adam Hughes, Geoffrey Fox, Hybrid Cloud and Cluster Computing Paradigms for Life Science Applications Technical Report April 17 2010 submitted to the 11th Annual Bioinformatics Open Source Conference BOSC 2010
- Thilina Gunarathne, Tak-Lon Wu, Judy Qiu, and Geoffrey Fox, Cloud Computing Paradigms for Pleasingly Parallel Biomedical Applications March 21 2010. Proceedings of Emerging Computational Methods for the Life Sciences Workshop of ACM HPDC 2010 conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 20-25, 2010.
- Tak-Lon Wu, Shakeela Noohir Baasha and Sonali Surendra Karwa, A Survery of Open-Source Cloud Infrastructure using FutureGrid Testbed. Poster at the 2nd IEEE international Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, Indianapolis, Indiana, Nov. 30-Dec 3, 2010.
- Judy Qiu, Jaliya Ekanayake, Thilina Gunarathne, Jong Youl Choi, Seung-Hee Bae, Yang Ruan, Saliya Ekanayake, Stephen Wu, Scott Beason, Geoffrey Fox, Mina Rho, Haixu Tang Data Intensive Computing for Bioinformatics Technical Report December 29 2009
- Chung-Ching Huang, Chao Sun, Tak-Lon Wu and Chintan Sheth, A Pervasive Way: Elderly People Falling Detection and Ambient Intelligence (CHI formatted Work-in-Progress)
taklwu at indiana dot edu