- C. Frisz, G. Brown, and S. Waggner. "Assessing Migration Risk for Scientific Data Formats",
International Journal of Digital Curation, 7(1), 2012.
- A. Hsu and G. Brown. "Dependency Analysis of Legacy Digital Materials to Support Emulation Based
International Journal of Digital Curation, 6(1), 2011.
- K. Woods and G. Brown. "Assisted Emulation for Legacy Executables,"
International Journal of Digital Curation, 5(1), 2010.
- K. Woods and G. Brown. "Creating Virtual CD-ROM Collections,"
International Journal of Digital Curation, 4(2), 2009.
- K. Woods and G. Brown. "Assisted Emulation for Legacy Executables",
5th International Digital Curation Conferences, 2009.
- K. Woods and G. Brown. "Born Broken: Fonts and Information Loss in
Legacy Digital Documents," Sixth International Conference on Preservation
of Digital Objects iPRES, 2009.
- K. Woods and G. Brown. "Migration Performance for Legacy
Data Access," International Journal of Digital Curation,
3(2), 2008. http://www.ijdc.net/index.php/ijdc/article/view/88
- T. Reichherzer and G. Brown. "Quantifying Software
Requirements for Supporting Archived Office Documents Using Emulation",
Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), 2006.
- G. Brown. "Virtualizing the CIC Floppy Disk Project",
Fall Depository Library Conference, 2006.
Draft paper http://www.cs.indiana.edu/ geobrown/jcdl.pdf
Verification of Cross Clock Domain Protocols
- G. Brown and L.Pike. "Automated Verification and Refinement for Physical-Layer
Protocols", To appear in Formal Aspects of Computing.
- L. Pike, G. Brown and A. Goodloe. "Roll Your Own Test Bed For Embedded
Real-Time Protocols: A Haskell Experience", Haskell Symposium, 2009.
- G. Brown and L. Pike. "Temporal Refinement Using SMT and
Model Checking with an Application ot Physical-Layer Protocols",
Proceedings of Formal Methods and Models for Codesign (MEMOCODE), 2007.
- G. Brown. "Verification of a Data Synchronization Circuit For All Time",
6th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design, (ACSD 2006).
- G. Brown and L. Pike. "Easy Parameterized Verification of Biphase Mark and 8N1 Decoders,"
International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the
Construction and Analysis of Systems, (TACAS 2006)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3920. pp. 58-72.
- G. Brown and L. Pike. ""Easy" Parameterized Verification of Cross Clock-Domain Protocols,"
Designing Correct Circuits, April 2006.
Embedded System Software
- B. Pisupati, G. Brown. "File System Interfaces for Embedded Software
Development," IEEE International Conference
on Computer Design, October 2005, pp. 232-238.
- S. Tilak, B. Pisupati, K. Chiu, G. Brown, and N. Abu-Ghazaleh.
"A File System Abstraction for Sense and Respond Systems,"
EESR 05: Proceedings of the 2005
Workshop on End-to-End, Sense-and-Respond Systems, Applications,
and Services, June 2005, pp 1-6.
- P. Faraboschi, G. Brown, J. A. Fisher, G. Desoli, and F. Homewood.
"Lx: A Technology Platform for Customizable VLIW Embedded Processing,"
Proceedings of International Symposium of Computer Architecture, pp. 203-213,
US 7,779,240. M. Homewood, G. Vondran, G. Brown, P. Faraboschi.
System and Method for Reducing Power Consumption in a Data Processor
Having a Clustered Architecture, 2010.
US 7,337,306. M. Homewood, G. Vondran, G. Brown, and P. Faraboschi.
Executing Conditional Branch Instructions in a Data Processor Having a
Clustered Architecture, 2008.
US 7,143,268. M. Homewood, A. Jarvis, G. Brown, P. Faraboschi, and G. Vondran.
Circuit and Method for Instruction Compression and Dispersal in
Wide-Issue Processors, 2006.
M. Homewood, A. Jarvis, A. Starr, G. Brown, P. Faraboschi,
and Gary Vondran.
System and Method for Encoding Constant Operands in a Wide Issue
US 6,691,210. P. Faraboschi, A. Starr, G. Brown, and R. Ford
Circuit and Method for Hardware-Assisted Software Flushing of
Data and Instruction Caches, 2004.
US 6,829,700. P. Faraboschi, A. Starr, G. Brown, and M. Homewood
Circuit and Method for Supporting Misaligned Accesses in the
Presence of Speculative Load Instructions, 2004.
Internet Address Clustering
- G. Brown. "Internet Address Clustering for Intelligent Route
- G. Brown.
"Network Address Space Clustering Employing Topological Groupings, Distance Measuremetns, and Structural Generalization". US Patent application 20040059830.
- Y. Afek and G. M. Brown. "Self-Stabilization over Unreliable
Communication Media," Distributed Computing,7, pp. 27-34, 1993.
- G. M. Brown, M. G. Gouda, and C-l. Wu. "Token Systems that
Self-stabilize," IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 38, no. 6, pp.
845-852, June 1989.
- Y. Afek, G. M. Brown, and M. Merritt. "Lazy Caches," ACM
Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp.
182-205, January 1993.
This paper was the subject of a special double issue
of Distributed Computing, 12(2/3), 1999.
- G. M. Brown "Asynchronous Multicaches," Distributed Computing,
vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 31-36, 1990.
- J. O'Leary, G. M. Brown, and W. Luk. "Verified Compilation of
Communicating Processes into Clocked Circuits," Formal Aspects of
Computing, vol. 9, pp. 537-559, 1997.
- G. M. Brown, W. Luk, and J. O'Leary. "Retargeting a Hardware Compiler
Using Protocol Converters." Formal Aspects of Computing, vol. 8, pp.
- J. He, G. M. Brown, W. Luk and J. O'Leary. "Deriving Two-phase Modules
for a Multi-Target Hardware Compiler," in Designing Correct Circuits,
Springer Electronic Workshop in Computing Series, 1996.
STM32 Book http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~geobrown/book.pdf